Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 1999 13:11:34 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Matt" <Matt@stratdude.freeuk.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am confused. Please help.

On Sun, 07 Nov 1999 21:21:53 GMT, "Matt" wrote:

> I read http://www.freebsd.org/ports/kde.html and saw that kde-1.1.2 is
> mentioned.

Yes. The webpages describe the _current_ state of the ports tree.

> Could someone explain to me why my FreeBSD 3.3 CD's from Walnut Creek have
> only KDE-1.1.1?

Certainly.  The commit logs for the port indicate that the port was
updated to 1.1.2 on 1999/09/18, _after_ the release was cut.

The ports tree is updated in an ongoing fashion.  If you're interested
in the latest ports, check out http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ .

> There are other discrepancies too.

None of which we can help you with unless you describe them. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.