Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:24:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      John Galbraith <john@magpie.ece.arizona.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        john@magpie.ece.arizona.edu
Subject:   i386/9991: new gpib driver submission

>Number:         9991
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       new driver for National Instruments GPIB and GPIB/TNT cards
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
Driver has been used and tested on FreeBSD 2.2.6 and 3.0 by me.  Other folks
have been using it also, but I don't know what systems.

I have a new GPIB driver for National Instruments GPIB and GPIB/TNT
cards.  It is new code, and totally independent of the current gp
driver written by Fred Cawthorne.  However, my new code does drop in
right over that stuff, using the same major number.  This new driver
is faster, more reliable, better documented, and has more features
than the current driver (by my experience, anyway).

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

The tarball of the source code and documentation can be snagged from
http://www.ece.arizona.edu/~john.