Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:28:11 -0800
From:      "Chris" <cje@idmail.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mounting MS-DOS partition.

Hi there,

I am trying to mount an MSDOS partition in order to copy some of the
distribution files onto it as I will be using it while setting up some
FreeBSD displays for a computer store.  However, I got the following error
in sysinstall (when I have it look for packages on that disk) and when I try
to manually mount it.

Please advise,

                        -Chris England

root@freebsd /mnt>mount_msdos /dev/wd0s1 wd0s1
mount_msdos: /dev/wd0s1: Invalid argument

(I tried mount -t dos /dev/wd0s1 wd0s1 as well)

root@freebsd /mnt>fdisk /dev/wd0s1
******* Working on device /dev/wd0s1 *******
parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
cylinders=985 heads=16 sectors/track=52 (832 blks/cyl)

parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
cylinders=985 heads=16 sectors/track=52 (832 blks/cyl)

Media sector size is 512
Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
Information from DOS bootblock is:
The data for partition 1 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 2 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 3 is:
<UNUSED>
The data for partition 4 is:
sysid 165,(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 0, size 50000 (24 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 0;
        end: cyl 1023/ sector 63/ head 255