Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 01:01:20 -0700
From:      "OXYGENSHELL INC" <jimbo@o2.oxygenshell.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   D/C

------=_NextPart_000_01CB_01C0DF36.0CFCDC60

To whom it may concern,

*I'm not trying to get you to buy anything!*

Hello, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is James Thomas, and =
I'm currently the President and CEO of Oxygenshell, Inc. =
(<http://www.oxygenshell.com/>). Throughout my entire life, I've had a =
keen interest in technology. Fulfilling my childhood dream, I graduated =
from Harvard University this year, majoring in the field of Computer =
Science. As a result of my education at Harvard University, I acquired =
the knowledge that is required to effectively, and efficiently, develop =
and manage both the technical and business aspects of an e-commerce =
company. Throughout the past year, I've successfully developed and =
profitably sustained Oxygenshell, Inc., which is an Internet Presence =
Provider, that provides both personal, and business services ranging =
from web hosting to web site to development, to e-commerce solutions.=20

The primary aspect which has led to my company's success are the =
marketing strategies which we have utilized. One of our key marketing =
arenas is a network called Internet Relay Chat (IRC), through a network =
called "EFNet" (Eris Free Network). Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a =
real-time conversational system. It is similar to the talk command which =
is available on many machines on the Internet The IRC protocol has been =
designed over a number of years for use with text based conferences. It =
has been developed on systems using the TCP/IP network protocol, =
although there is no requirement that this remain the only realm in =
which it operates. Through the use of the client-server model, IRC is =
well-suited to running on many machines in a distributed fashion, which =
allows for a wide spectrum of marketability.=20

IRC is an example of the communication systems in which both one-to-one =
and one-to-many, or as we studied in the class, mono casting and =
broadcasting models are implemented. A typical setup involves a single =
process (the server; known as the ircd) forming a central point for =
clients (users) to connect to, performing the required message =
delivery/multiplexing and other functions.=20

EFNet ("Eris Free Network"), which was the first, and remains the =
largest IRC network, originated at Berkeley University in August of =
1990. EFNet is networked over much of North America and Europe. Topics =
of discussion on EFNet are extremely diverse. Technical and political =
discussions are popular, especially when world events are in progress. =
EFNet is also a way to expand your horizons, as people from many =
countries and cultures are on, 24 hours a day. Most conversations are in =
English, but there are always channels in German, Japanese, Finnish, =
Russian and occasionally other languages.=20

Now, it comes time for me to inquire about your services, and how they =
can benefit both of us. I propose to set up an IRC server (ircd) that =
will link to the EFNet IRC network, which will be used as a marketing =
tool for both you and I. Throughout my 8 years of experience on IRC, I =
have set up, and successfully maintained numerous IRC servers on a =
variety of networks, both large and small. I'm interested in renting =
approximately 5Mbit of bandwidth from you per month, and if possible, =
renting a dedicated server from you as well (however, I can provide my =
own server, if necessary). This IRC server will run FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, =
and will NOT run any other services other than SSHD and IRCD (ports =
6667-7000), and not to mention, it will only occupy 1 IP address. This =
benefits you, because the server that the clients will be connecting to =
will be irc.<your-domain-name>.com. In the server MOTD (message of the =
day), which every user connecting to your server will see *every* time =
they connect, there will be an advertisement for your company, crediting =
you as a sponsor, and promoting your services. All that we ask for out =
of the deal is management of the server, and an advertisement for my =
company, Oxygenshell, Inc., in the MOTD as well. EFNet has an average of =
67,000 users connected to it at any given time, with an average of =
approximately 500-1000 users per server at once. I can guarantee that =
your company will flourish with all of the new customers that you will =
obtain. This proposal will provide *both* of our companies with =
publicity and marketing; and don't forget, we're paying for it all. =
Thank you very much for your time, we hope that you'll consider our =
offer.

Sincerely yours,

James Thomas
President and CEO
Oxygenshell, Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_01CB_01C0DF36.0CFCDC60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><U><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">
<P>To whom it may concern,<BR><BR><B><I>*I'm not trying to get you to =
buy=20
anything!*<BR><BR></B></I>Hello, please allow me to introduce myself. My =
name is=20
James Thomas, and I'm currently the President and CEO of Oxygenshell, =
Inc.=20
(</FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>&lt;http://www.oxygenshell.com/&gt;</U></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">). Throughout my entire life, I've had a keen =
interest in=20
technology. Fulfilling my childhood dream, I graduated from Harvard =
University=20
this year, majoring in the field of Computer Science. As a result of my=20
education at Harvard University, I acquired the knowledge that is =
required to=20
effectively, and efficiently, develop and manage both the technical and =
business=20
aspects of an e-commerce company. Throughout the past year, I've =
successfully=20
developed and profitably sustained Oxygenshell, Inc., which is an =
Internet=20
Presence Provider, that provides both personal, and business services =
ranging=20
from web hosting to web site to development, to e-commerce solutions.=20
<BR><BR>The primary aspect which has led to my company's success are the =

marketing strategies which we have utilized. One of our key marketing =
arenas is=20
a network called Internet Relay Chat (IRC), through a network called =
"EFNet"=20
(Eris Free Network). Internet Relay Chat (</FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times =
New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>IRC)</U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> is a =
</FONT><U><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#0000ff>real-time</U></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"> conversational system. It is similar to the=20
</FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
color=3D#0000ff>talk</U></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"> command which is available on many machines on =
the=20
</FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#0000ff>Internet =
</U></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">The </FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>IRC protocol</U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> =
has been=20
designed over a number of years for use with text based conferences. It =
has been=20
developed on systems using the </FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>TCP/IP </U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">network =
protocol,=20
although there is no requirement that this remain the only realm in =
which it=20
operates. Through the use of the </FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>client-server </U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman">model, IRC=20
is well-suited to running on many </FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>machines</U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> in a =
distributed=20
fashion, which allows for a wide spectrum of marketability. <BR><BR>IRC =
is an=20
example of the </FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>communication</U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> =
systems in=20
which both one-to-one and one-to-many, or as we studied in the class, =
mono=20
casting and broadcasting models are implemented. A typical setup =
involves a=20
single process (the server; known as the ircd) forming a central point =
for=20
clients (users) to connect to, performing the required message=20
delivery/</FONT><U><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#0000ff>multiplexing</U></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> =
and other=20
functions. <BR><BR>EFNet ("Eris Free Network"), which was the first, and =
remains=20
the largest IRC network, originated at Berkeley University in August of =
1990.=20
EFNet is networked over much of North America and Europe. Topics of =
discussion=20
on EFNet are extremely diverse. Technical and political discussions are =
popular,=20
especially when world events are in progress. EFNet is also a way to =
expand your=20
horizons, as people from many countries and cultures are on, 24 hours a =
day.=20
Most conversations are in English, but there are always channels in =
German,=20
Japanese, Finnish, Russian and occasionally other languages. =
<BR><BR>Now, it=20
comes time for me to inquire about your services, and how they can =
benefit both=20
of us. I propose to set up an IRC server (ircd) that will link to the =
EFNet IRC=20
network, which will be used as a marketing tool for both you and I. =
Throughout=20
my 8 years of experience on IRC, I have set up, and successfully =
maintained=20
numerous IRC servers on a variety of networks, both large and small. I'm =

interested in renting approximately 5Mbit of bandwidth from you per =
month, and=20
if possible, renting a dedicated server from you as well (however, I can =
provide=20
my own server, if necessary). This IRC server will run FreeBSD =
4.3-STABLE, and=20
will NOT run any other services other than SSHD and IRCD (ports =
6667-7000), and=20
not to mention, it will only occupy 1 IP address. This benefits you, =
because the=20
server that the clients will be connecting to will be=20
irc.&lt;your-domain-name&gt;.com. In the server MOTD (message of the =
day), which=20
every user connecting to your server will see *every* time they connect, =
there=20
will be an advertisement for your company, crediting you as a sponsor, =
and=20
promoting your services. All that we ask for out of the deal is =
management of=20
the server, and an advertisement for my company, Oxygenshell, Inc., in =
the MOTD=20
as well. EFNet has an average of 67,000 users connected to it at any =
given time,=20
with an average of approximately 500-1000 users per server at once. I =
can=20
guarantee that your company will flourish with all of the new customers =
that you=20
will obtain. This proposal will provide *both* of our companies with =
publicity=20
and marketing; and don't forget, we're paying for it all. Thank you very =
much=20
for your time, we hope that you'll consider our offer.<BR><BR>Sincerely=20
yours,<BR><BR>James Thomas<BR>President and CEO<BR>Oxygenshell,=20
Inc.</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01CB_01C0DF36.0CFCDC60--