Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:04:33 -0700
From:      Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

On Aug 24, 2011, at 8:34 PM, gnuyoga@gmail.com wrote:

>>=20
>> Sure. And taking surveys into account, we could just simply =
summarize:
>> FreeBSD needs marketing :-)
>=20
> That begs the question of to whom FreeBSD should be marketed. Home =
users? Small-office admins? Datacenter admins? Embedded developers?
>=20
>=20
> Perhaps we can start from what is currently used/deployed. Easier to =
start from what we have done than figuring out what all it can do. What =
say ?

There's no need to figure it all out in advance. Targeting one or two =
top-priority demographics is a perfectly reasonable start. What is it =
that makes FreeBSD better than other options? Who would benefit most =
from that? Start with them.

- Milo Hyson
Chief Scientist
CyberLife Labs, Inc.