Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:33:19 -0000
From:      "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
To:        sef@kithrup.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad's audio device at resume time

Sean,

I knew those wouldn't work; they were just examples of other drivers acting
smarter.

>I'm not sure any of those will help, as PCIC is for the PCMCIA/CardBus
>stuff,
>although I haven't tested it yet.
>
>To deal with this, I am instead using the sound as a module; after waking
>up,
>I do
>
>	kldunload snd_maestro3.ko
>	kldload /modules/snd_maestro3.ko
>	mixer speaker 25

This is an interesting idea.  I believe pcm needs to be used with PNPBIOS on
at least some machines, which would necessitate it being loaded at boot
time.  I'll rebuild my kernel, update loader.conf, and give it a try.

Greg