Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:32:22 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>, Gregg Cooper <bsdcrank@squbes.com>
Subject:   Re: Duplicate inodes in 5.4-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Even if mkisofs is patched this change isn't a bug in mkisofs.  It's
> really a bug in our iso9660 filesystem. :(

Yes, but it's a lot harder to fix there than in mkisofs :)

Actually, -CURRENT doesn't have this bug, but it has another: it bases
the inode number on the position of the directory entry, so hard links
are lost.  It doesn't make a big difference, because mkisofs seems
unable to generate ISO 9660 file systems with hard links.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no