Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:05:45 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        gaf <moak@bredband.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /tmp full (newbie)

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:44:27PM +0100, gaf wrote:
> Thank you for answering. I?d hoped not to reinstall but.....
> Partitioning is no problem, I?ve installed all versions from 4.8 to5.2
> on my old computer just for training and trying.

The problem with the current scheme is you have only 4Gb or so for
everything apart from /home - I don't have KDE / X installed, but I'm
fairly sure KDE on it's own would eat up 3-4Gb of space without too much
problem.  If you reinstalled I'd say assign 20Gb to /usr if you're going
to use KDE.

Another alternative might be to get rid of KDE and try something more
economic - like blackbox or wm - although if you're not too comfortable
with the shell those might not be the best for you.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/