Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:09:40 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux header files

According to Michael R. Rudel:
> In the on-going battle for Linux emulation (tell me again, why are we
> doing this? :)), we can now RUN Linux binarys, but compiling them is often
> not fun, due to Linux's networking and other header files.

If Linux wasn't changing stuff just for the sake of it, it would be
better. Compiling network application designed for Linux[sic] is always a
PITA to compile on more standard systems (i.e. FreeBSD).

> Perhaps we could somehow get these header files in the FreeBSD
> distribution, only interfaced to the FreeBSD operating system instead?
> This would make compiling stuff much eaiser.

Pushing Cox (or whoever is maintaining it nowadays) to fix them would be
even better (fat chance I know).

Me, bitter ? Try compiling GateD on a Linux system for a change.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #48: Sat Nov  8 18:08:59 CET 1997