Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:28:57 +1100
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Noah <noah@oopz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 at 02:13:46 -0800, Noah wrote:
> I am new to freebsd, but I a machine set up now.  I want to have
> people to be able to telnet into my machine.  This works fine.  I
> want to display a message before the login prompt, similiar to some
> ISPs.  Is there a file I need to edit?  If so which one.  I was told
> /etc/issue, but that does not exist on my system.

Firstly, if you're going to use Outhouse Express, make sure you wrap
lines at a decent length.  The entire first paragraph was all on one
line.

Second, to answer your question, take a look at the following part of
Dan Langille's FreeBSD Diary..
http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/prelogin.htm

Instructions to do what you want can be found there.

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@corp.au.triax.com  ,-._|\  FreeBSD
work:  Triax Internet Services  http://www.triax.com/ /      \ The