Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:35:47 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: perl 5.8.0 "use.perl system" doesn't update /usr/local/bin/perl

/usr/local is where ports go. ports don't install into
/usr/{bin,include,lib}, and system doesn't install into
/usr/local{bin,include,lib}. that's the whole point.

you should modify your scripts to use /usr/bin/perl.

if you want to use perl5.8.0, use /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.0

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."
        -Lilo, "Lilo & Stitch"