Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:54:54 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to burn

Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > I'm just getting interested in using my HP-8100i (atapi) to burn CD-R
> > and CD-RW. Do you use mkisofs or do you burn directly to the cd. I
> > will have to use burncd but I'm wondering what options you use.
>
> For many people, including me, burncd does not work.  See some of the
> messages from the -current list:
>
> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/147/2000/1/0/3078141/

I just finished reading them. I didn't wait :). One of the points that
either HP or Adaptec made on one of their support list's about burning
cd's that died in the creation of the TOC was busmastering. I don't
remember where I was reading that. It may only be a problem with EZ
CD-Creator on Windows. I may have to follow my trail and see if I can
find it again.

I will end up trying to burn a CD fairly soon but I have yet to turn
on _DMA_ kernel support for the ATAPI-cdrom. It is the master and
there is a slave HD on the secondary controller.
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com