Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:27:47 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: have I been hacked?!

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:13:15 +0100
Mike Dewhirst <Dewhirst.M@UCLES.org.uk> wrote:

> I did a netscan of my box (which I;ve not done for 2-3 months or so) and
> spotted this:
>
> 1505/tcp   open        funkproxy
> 4008/tcp   open        netcheque

 Check out google.com for these.

 FunkProxy, as far as I know, is a windoze-based proxy server.

 NetCheque is most likely used with online transactions.

 Mind you, it could be showing up because your are connecting to these
ports on remote hosts? (I dunno) If not then you are running something on
your local machine that is acting as a proxy and doing netcheque.