Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:27:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   PNP problems

Hi!

I built and installed a new world today. My last make world
was some months ago.

It seems that the boot loader has changed. Now, my AWE64
soundcard is not detected anymore.

My kernel.config looks like this

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

This syntax no longer seems to be supported, instead, the following commands
may be used:

Command                 Description
-------                 -----------
ls                      List currently configured devices
port <devname> <addr>   Set device port (i/o address)
irq <devname> <number>  Set device irq
drq <devname> <number>  Set device drq
iomem <devname> <addr>  Set device maddr (memory address)
iosize <devname> <size> Set device memory size
flags <devname> <mask>  Set device flags
enable <devname>        Enable device
disable <devname>       Disable device (will not be probed)
quit                    Exit this configuration utility
reset                   Reset CPU
visual                  Go to fullscreen mode.
help                    This message

What can I do in order to reenable my soundcard?

Any help is appreciated!

Ciao,
Thomas.