Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 13:10:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      rjoe@zilker.net (R. Joe Schwartz)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mouse & 3COM's 3C509

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD on my 386 & am really pleased.  I've run into a couple of
problems tho.

1.  I have a 3COM 3C509 card in the PC. If I try to boot with it in
     the chassis it hangs. I'm pretty sure I read that this card is supported.

    What should I be doing?

2.  I really want to be running X.  I've configured it & invoked it, but it
    complains about the mouse not being configured.  I'v done a  "MAKEDEV
    /dev/tty00"  and don't have the device. How do you make the device for a
    serial 2 button mouse?

2a.  Is the Diamond SpeedSTAR24 supported? ( it has a ET4000 chip )

Thanks, you folks are doing a great job & would really appreciate your
assistance.

Joe Schwartz

rjoe@zilker.net