Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:03:26 +0300
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <ip@doom.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fdc init fail with ACPI enabled

Hi,

When building kernel with both acpica and fdc at boot time I'm getting:
	fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
Without acpica compiled into kernel fdc detects perfectly fine.

fdc is defined in kernel config as follows (same as in GENERIC):
device	fdc0	at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device	fd0	at fdc0 drive 0

Probably I should specify different port range for fdc...
In this case what range? Any ideas?

P.S. 4.11-STABLE i386 FreeBSD built on Sun Mar 6 18:38:35 MSK 2005.

-ip

--
After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said
than done