Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:14:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        G D McKee <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
Cc:        Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>, Ben <ben@cahostnet.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NATD

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, G D McKee wrote:

> Hi

	Hello.

> I have searched through the archives, and people have the same problem, but
> no one seems to know who to get natd to log the denied packets.  I tried
> firing it up with -log_denied, hupping syslogd, etc and still not log info.

	This "failed to write packet" error has nothing to do with natd
	and everything to do with your firewall.  Packets are being denied
	once they re-enter the firewall rules.  Add a rule to allow these
	packets after the divert rule.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- Keep on routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"