Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 07:36:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Wells <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Julie <jar557@ix.netcom.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP

Yes, fbsd SMP rocks. my message was specifically directed toward
overclocked systems. Those who overclock, by definition, are pushing the
specs and can expect problems if measures aren't taken to compensate.
(That's where the work comes in.) A "spec" smp system will only have
troubles if it's broken somehow, say, with a bad fan or excessive dust
build-up. And that's in no way a fault of fbsd. FreeBSD's SMP
implementation doesn't cause problems, it exposes them.

Dave