Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:46:51 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@sage.thought.org>
Subject:   Is 6.1-RELEASE missing parts of X11?

	People,

	I've done at least two cmplete  make buildworlds (and all the
	rest: kernel/installworld/) and parts of mergemaster.  I *am*
	missing /usr/X11R6/bin/xdm and more files in /usr/X11R6/lib/[*].
	startx is also missing.

	I have read the UPDATING and README in /usr/src; Am I missing
	some knob[s]?   I have "gdm_enable=YES" in /etc/rc.conf just
	now and have the exec gnome line in ~/.xinitrc.  [~/.xinitrc
	is 0755 and chown'd kline:wheel]  and so on.

	I do see ctwm installed as a backup,  but without at least
	xdm, I'm wedged.  Anybody know what's going on?

	thanks in adance,

	gary

	PS:: When I scp'd xdm from 5.5, it did exec, but the xlogin
	     widget was White and logging in as anyone failed.  I
	     was always thrown back to the default white xlogin screen.

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix