Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 07:01:38 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        PaxJanet@gateway.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD choices

Over a year ago I bought the Complete FreeBSD and installed it without
MS windoze, and have been quite happy ever since. I do have an old machine
in the corner with win98 that I very rarely use - the occasional modem dial-up

to test a web site download speed (my bsd box is connected via DSL), and
very occasionally to optimize a graphic image in Adobe. Those two situations
are about the only time I ever touch the windoze box anymore. My FBSD
machine does everything I need it to do.
Just remember, you won't be doing much gaming on the FBSD box, on a
handful of currant games work on it.

--
Chip

PaxJanet@gateway.net wrote:

> Hello, I hope that I've sent this to the right place. I have done some
> reading on two versions of FreeBSD-- "FreeBSD Desktop 4.1" $99.95 |and|
> "FreeBSD Powerpack4.2" $49.95. I am currently using WinME and would like to
> move onto FreeBSD. My question is, can I use "FreeBSD Powerpack4.2" as a
> replacement for WinME or will I have to use FreeBSD Desktop4.1.
>
> Christopher
> PaxJanet@Gateway.net

Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems