Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 23:53:35 -0700
From:      "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@pascal.org>
Subject:   Anyone running FreeBSD on a Dell Latitude laptop???

HI,

Just curious if anyone has FreeBSD 2.1.0 or newer running on a
Dell Latitude laptop with or without the port replicator???

I have the DX4/100 model and will soon upgrade to the p5/133
model.  I'd really like to have 2.1 or 2.2 on the road with me
when I head to Florida soon.

I'm running with the advance port replicator with the SMC9000
(using the SMC91C94 chip) network port and an Adaptec SCSI
port using the AIC 6360 chip.

So far, I have not been able to have the SCSI or network recognized
by 2.1 or 2.2 (in fact I can't find any mention of the chipset in
either the 2.1 or the 2.2 LINT kernel config file).  Oddly enough,
both 2.1 and 2.2 did recogize my IBM PCMCIA ethernet card (ze0) :-).

Worst case is that I could load via the net using the ze0 interface
and never be able to use the SCSI or network ports on the replicator.
This solution would limit me to about 500Mb of disk space on wd0.
Naturally I'd really like to have access to my CD and SCSI disks.

Even if there's experimental work going on I'd be happy to play
the role of the test rat.  I'd also be happy to champion the work
on these interfaces to get myself and others up and running, but
I'll need to get my hands on the docs for the chips and enough
time to work on them.

-Freeman

|  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that  |
|  whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting    |
|  life.                                                                 |
|					- John 3:16 (KJV)		 |
|                F r e e m a n   P.    P a s c a l   I V                 |
|  Phone Work:  (510) 645-3454       Email Work:  pascal@tfs.com         |
|        Home:  (510) 215-5742             Home:  pascal@pascal.org      |
|       Pager:  (800) SKY-PAGE        Home page:  http://www.pascal.org  |
|         PIN:        419-2250    Amateur Radio:  KE6LSS                 |