Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:15:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building parallel "Beowulf-style" supercomputers with FreeBSD

In reply:
> > A cluster based on FreeBSD would
> > I suppose have to have a different name, but we've done a lot of computing
> > over the last three years with such a cluster: works fine.
>
> I vote for "Legion", because of the obvious tip of the hat to Chuck...

No. Reasons: read bible, or watch Red Dwarf episode by same name, in
neither of which was the character Legion very successful.

"Hyperpool", it sticks, it has no biblical or comedic references, it fits
the style of terminology used in massively parallel literature
[hmmm...  massively parallel literature, that's me with nine books open
in my lap and on the desk with about twenty or so on the floor], people
will take it more seriously than something named Legion, etc... blah
blah blah.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or