Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:06:26 -0500
From:      John Brann <john@brann.org>
To:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No response on some https connections through NAT

Many thanks.

Your pointers were most helpful.  As the quickest and dirtiest option, I
tried copying the 'ppp' binary from the 4.4-STABLE system - which worked
fine.  I added the one line

 enable tcpmssfixup

to my ppp.conf file, and everything worked.  I can now access the URLs
that were previously broken.

OK, now I have to find the time to upgrade the gateway machine...

Regards,

John

--
        Unreal City,