Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:25:34 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with libgphoto2, Canon Ixus v2 (USB) and 5.3-STABLE

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 07:48:16PM +0100, Olivier Certner wrote:
> 	Hi there,
>=20
> 	I've tried to download a few pics from my Canon Ixus v2 camera with=20
> libgphoto2 (frontends: kamera and gphoto2) without success. The camera is=
=20
> supported though, I even used libgphoto2 successfully on a Linux system w=
ith=20
> an older version of the lib (which I don't remember!).

In dealing with digital cameras, I've always found it easier to try and
mount them as a USB drive (via umass / da), which a lot of them
support. If you hook up the camera, is there any mention of a umass
device in dmesg? If so you can just mount it as a harddisk.

Another option is a memory card reader that you can mount as a drive.

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in e-mail
public key: http://www.keyserver.net / \    Respect for open standards

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ