Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:53:27 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>, Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stop overwrite of resolv.conf

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 06:59 pm, Server Admin wrote:
| No, it's not a dhclient. I should have been more clear.
|
| I'm running DSL over PPPoE and get dynamic IP on a reboot/reconnect

From the ppp man pages:

         Alternatively, if the peer supports it, ppp can be configured to ask
         the peer for the nameserver address(es) and to update
         /etc/resolv.conf automatically.  Refer to the ``enable dns'' and
         ``resolv'' commands below for details.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org