Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:50:08 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDF creation in Star Office

Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au> types:
> Just a quick question. Someone mentioned to me today that they thought Star
> Office had the ability to create PDF files. I was under the impression that
> it can only read them but not write them. Can anyone else shed some light
> on this, or even have any other suggestions on how to create PDF files
> under a unix enviro that would be great.

I don't know if star office supports it directly, but it can create PS
files. You can then feed those to ps2pdf to generate pdf files. ps2pdf
is part of the ghostscript port.

If you can get StarOffice to let you imbed literal postscript into the
output postscript, there are some other cool things you can do as
well.

My favorite tool for creating PDF was FrameMaker, but that is no
longer available on any x86 Unix platform :-(.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.