Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:05:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD sound card problem

Hello. I am a new to FreeBSD. I've got The Complete FreeBSD and the 4 CD
set of FreeBSD 3.2.  I've been all over the documentation and the
internet, and the book looking for how to get my sound card (sound blaster
16) to work.  I've recompiled my kernel - multiple times - with the
correct DMA, IRQ, and everything else.  When my computer starts up I get
"plain Soundblaster not configured".  Is there something really simple I
am overlooking here?

--------------------------------------*******************---------------------------------------
|											       |
|	Kenny Drobnack 									       |
|	Student at Mount Vernon Nazarene College    					       |
|	Major: Computer Science								       |
|	Minor: Math									       |
|        Working on: Computer Internship at the Public Library of Mount Vernon and Knox County |
|											       |
------------------------------------*********************---------------------------------------

		Linux Demo Day '99
	One Step Closer to World Domination
        One Day,
	One World,
	One Cool Penguin.
 						   X       X
	L      IIIIIIIIII    N       N    U     U   X     X
	L	   I	     NN      N	  U     U    X   X
	L	   I	     N N     N    U     U     X X
	L	   I	     N	N    N	  U     U      X
	L	   I	     N   N   N	  U     U     X X
	L	   I	     N	  N  N    U     U    X   X
	L	   I	     N	   N N     U   U    X     X
	LLLLL  IIIIIIIIII    N	    NN      UUU    X       X