Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:39:51 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail problems with a Verizon relay

Uh, I think I found the problem.  Very silly to be telling sendmail to
Masquerade as outgoing.verizon.net when I don't want to masquerade as
outgoing.verizon.net.
I simply changed this line:
MASQUERADE_AS(outgoing.verizon.net)
to this:
dnl MASQUERADE_AS(outgoing.verizon.net)
effectively removing it from sendmail.mc.  Rebuild sendmail.cf and
restart sendmail, and that's it.

I hope this helps someone else avoid the same silly mistake.
Lou

On 11/15/02 10:28 AM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hey all.  I recently got some great help here setting up sendmail to
> authorize against my ISP mail relay.  The problem I am just noticing
> is that when I send mail, it looks like the Reply-To: or From header
> is getting rewritten.  Take a look at it in this message.  The
> leblanc+freebsd@outgoing.verizon.net.  This is the behavior I'm trying
> to fix.  I don't know if it's in my sendmail.mc or at the verizon
> relay.
>
> Here are the relevant parts (I think) of my sendmail.mc:
>
> FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)
> FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
> FEATURE(`nocanonify')
>
> TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')
> define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')
> define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp:outgoing.verizon.net')
> MASQUERADE_AS(outgoing.verizon.net)
> FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
> FEATURE(`authinfo', `hash -o /etc/mail/authinfo')
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
> TIA
> Lou
> --
> Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
> Fully Funded Hobbyist, KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
> http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ
>
> filibuster, n.:
>   Throwing your wait around.

Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Peace, n.:
  In international affairs, a period of cheating between two
  periods of fighting.