Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:01:45 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing Windows after FreeBSD?

[ Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to questions right now ]

I need to run some Win apps and wine isn't quite there yet.

I have a spare partition on my FreeBSD machine (/dev/ad0s1d) and i wonder
if I can use it to install Windows there?
Or should I have a dedicated 'slice' for Windows?
Or maybe there is no way to do it and I should install Win first and
then FreeBSD?

All tutorials I've found are written on the assumption that you're
installing FreeBSD (but I already did that!).

AFAIK I haven't installed any boot manager when I set up this machine
(long ago). I have two disks, one slice per disk (ad0s1 and ad1s1),
and all partitions go like ad0s1a, ad0s1e, ad0s1f, ad0s1g ...

Good time to test my full dumps to tape :) Although I will take great
care before doing it.

Thanks in advance,

Fernan