Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 08:40:15 +0200
From:      "Stefan Beke" <beke@minv.sk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   xl0 using (probably) wrong media

i'm new to FreeBSD, moving from Linux slowly( maybe once ;-)
I have only 400MB space so I've installed 'minimal install' of FreeBSD4.3.
For now I have 2 problems:
NIC xl0 seems to be running, i can ping localhost and also my ip adress
10.*.*.* succesfully. But i can't ping gateway, which i'm sure is up
running(can't ping anybody on my network to be clear).
ifconfig shows me i'm also up and running...
--> media : 10baseT/UTP
but actually i'm using 10base2/BNC. Is this a problem, if yes how to change
media? My minimal install doesn't even have man ifconfig.

Next question is about vim.
This is my favourite editor, so i've installed a pkg.
When I try:
bash2.05#vim
Shared object libXext.so.6 not found
As I understand it, pkg vim contains also gvim, which i don't need on my
console box. Is there possibility install vim pkg without gvim(and his
dependencies)?

One more question abou vim.
At home I also installed vim and gvim seems to have unreadable GUI menus.
It's totally black in KDE2. Any help?

*is there somewhere archiv of this mailing list?