Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:09:04 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-feb@penguinpowered.org>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GD from ports on FreeBSD 4.9

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:49:33AM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Apr 22), Wayne Pascoe said:
> > I'm trying to build mrtg from /usr/ports/net-mgmt/mrtg and it appears
> > to want to update gd
> >
> > The gd update is failing with the following errors:
> >
> > cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -I/usr/ports/graphics/gd/work/gd-2.0.22
> > -I/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype  -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
> > -I/usr/local/include  -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LIBFREETYPE
> > -DHAVE_LIBZ   -c gdft.c -o gdft.o
> > gdft.c: In function `fontFetch':
> > gdft.c:485: `FT_ENCODING_MS_SYMBOL' undeclared (first use in this
> > function)
>
> Make sure your freetype is up-to-date (2.1.7_3 is the current version) also.

Thanks a bunch. That actually appears to be a bit broken, but I'll
contact the gd2 maintainer.

I was using portupgrade to update gd2, and I would have assumed that if
freetype was a dependency, portupgrade should have updated that as well.

Regards,

--
Wayne Pascoe
I have a very firm grasp on reality. I can