Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 15:35:48 +0100
From:      James Egan <jegan@jegan.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running old freebsd program

Hello,

I've just installed FreeBSD 4.1 with the main aim of running an old FreeBSD
program but I can't get it to run.

I get the error message :-

Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so.

which isn't surprising because this file isn't there. The closest is
ld-elf.so.1

I looked at the manpages for elf but didn't understand much.

What do I need to do to run old binaries like this ? (I think it was 2.2.1
at the time it was written). The source isn't available.

Thanks

Jim.

James Egan
Flat #2