Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:38:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>, "W. Wilson" <wilson@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does 4.1 Support USB Modems?

4.2 will support a limited set of USB modems (some Supra's and all 3Com
USB modems as far as I know).

Nick

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu> probably said:
> > There's no cable but there are plenty of usb<->serial boxes.  I don't know
> > if FreeBSD supports them or how they interface.  I just have one for the
> > PowerBook and had to install the vendor's driver to get it going.
>
> There don't appear to be any real standards for usb serial, so they
> all do it differently. Doug Ambrisko has some betaish drivers for some
> of the Entrega Serial things, they've been bought recently though.
>
>   http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/usio/
>
> I was trying to help out debugging the driver before I went off to the
> other side of the atlantic, now I'm back I'll dig out the testing
> parts I need and get back to him about it.
>
> P.
>
> --
> pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu

Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma@qubesoft.com                              n_hibma@webweaving.org
                                                     n_hibma@freebsd.org
http://www.qubesoft.com/                   http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/