Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:44:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Sean T. Lamont   .lost." <zeno@serv.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I asked this at one point, got no useful responses

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Sean T. Lamont   .lost. wrote:

>I need to set up a FreeBSD (or linux) system which will effectively
>respond to every IP#. The Easiest way I can think of to do this is
>ifconfig aliases for large blocks of net, but this is prohibitively
>time-consuming and would probably not work at some point.

I am not sure I understand you. You want your machine to respond to all 32
bits of internet addressing? This makes little sense.

>I messed around a bit with NATD / IPDIVERT to see if I could get

NATD will allow you to translate your local network addresses so that
machines with non-internet IPs can communicate with fully qualified
internet IPs.

I am not really the guy to answer your question but the question seems to
obfuscate your intentions. What are you trying to do?

Catchya Later,		|	Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
Jason Wells		|	http://www.freebsd.org/