Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:52:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        dan@math.berkeley.edu (Dan Strick)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Official way to detect CAM?

Dan Strick wrote...
> Is there a way to detect CAM using only definitions in a C-language
> header file that is present (under ther same name) in both release
> 2.X and 3.X systems?  I don't like elaborate pre-installation
> configuration scripts.  I really really hate them.

Nope, there really isn't another way.  You could use the FreeBSD release
variable/macro, but you can have a 2.x machine running CAM.  There really
wasn't an obvious place to put such a define.

> Also, is there any documentation for cam beyond the camcontrol man
> page?  The camcontrol man page lists "cam(3), pass(4), cam(9), xpt(9)"
> but there are no such man pages (on 3.0-19981003-BETA).

There are a number of new man pages that have been added in the past few
days.  (and you'll notice that the camcontrol man page mentions that most
of the cross-references don't exist)  The documentation isn't anywhere near
completion, but it's better than it was.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com