Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:16:30 -0700
From:      "george vagner" <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
To:        "Ben Smithurst" <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fw: failure notice

I think we need a better explanation of the
programs found in the ports collection
because looking thru the list of
ported software dont really tell you
what the port can do or what its used for.

example:

MUTT the mongrel of mail user agents (part elm pine mh)

this dont really tell me the features or anything so i might as well
used elm or pine not knowing that the thing has filtering
or anything else for that matter, or even if its a graphical
program.

I think there is alot more programs i am missing out on
that are on the ports but i dont know anything about them.
I have learned some of the better ones by trial and error.