Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:16:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Johan Granlund <johang@mail.algonet.se>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp and ascend router problems

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Brian Somers wrote:

> It looks like the peer is misbehaving.  I'd be interested in seeing a
> copy of the logs from the working 2.2 stable from about a month ago.
> Nothing should have changed with LCP negotiations.

  Also realize that Ascend makes almost weekly software releases, and some
sites use them.  They are not fully tested, and are only intended for
sites that need urgent bux fixes.  This means that the behaviour of the
system may change in many different ways.

  I no longer use MAX 4000 boxes here because of this, and because of
performance problems.

> > /Johan
> >
> > Internet: Johang@Algonet.se
> >
> > I don't even speak for myself
>
> --
> Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
>       <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;
> Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour....

Tom