Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:14:04 +0200
From:      "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   top(1) STATE column

Hi List,
I'd like to know the meaning of the possible STATEs showing up in top.
In the manual pages I found this:

 STATE is the current
       state (one of "START", "RUN" (shown as "CPUn" on SMP systems), "SLEEP",
       "STOP",  "ZOMB",  "WAIT",  "LOCK"  or  the  event  on which the process
       waits)

Where can I found info about other possible states (nanslp, kserel,
ttyin, ucond, sbwait, ...) that I usually see in top?

I think these have to do with the "the  event  on which the process
waits" part of the man page... isn't there any complete list on those?

Thanx, regards
--
Pietro Cerutti
ICQ: 117293691