Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:21:55 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        antwort@schmalzbauer.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and masquerading

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:43:22AM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> I have another question(s) please:
> How can I have sendmail using a specified EHLO "domain.tld" instead of th=
e=20
> machines name (changing the machines name is not a solution for me)

Use:

   define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `domain.tld')dnl

in your `hostname`.mc file.

> And a last question: What do I have to use for sendmail when I want to do=
=20
> masquerading on a MTA which has a "smart host" defined? If I use the same=
 two=20
> lines like on my local machine (which works) nothing happens on the MTA. =
No=20
> mail gets masqueraded.

It's basically the same basic setup as for your local machine.  You
might find adding the following useful:

    FEATURE(limited_masquerade)dnl

Applies masquerading only to those machines listed as
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN below.  The default is to do that plus all of the
names listed in 'local-host-names'.

    FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

Applies masquerading to all of the hosts under 'domain.tld' (from the
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN setting below).

    MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.tld')dnl
    MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`domain.tld')dnl

See /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README for more details on these and other
settings.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20