Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:55:18 -0800
From:      Mark <mark@darklogik.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make installworld - permission denied

> Do you have /tmp setup so that it is "no exec"?

> cat /etc/fstab

I think you may have both stumbled onto the cause of the
problem. :)

/dev/ad3s1e  /tmp    ufs   rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,nosymfollow

I didn't realise that non-exec /tmp was a no-no. I'll try
a rebuild tonight, the system seems stable enough for now,
I don't think anything was touched apart from the kernel.

Thanks for your help, and I'll see you in eight hours
when everything comes to a shuddering halt...  :)

Mark