Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:41:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael L Squires <mikes@steel.ucs.indiana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and ATTBI/InsightBB

I have a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE system on an InsightBB cable modem
connection.  InsightBB is a rebranded version of AT&T broadband
offering, as far as I can tell.

dhclient is returning enough information so that the connection works,
but some of the information is bogus.  In particular, the host-name
field and broadcast-address field are bogus (former is not the host
name associated with the IP address, and the broadcast address is
255.255.255.255, which is not the broadcast address associated with
the subnet mask of 255.255.248.0.

I'm about to modify my /sbin/dhclient-script to fix these problems,
but wonder if anyone has already done it and if there are any land
mines I might step on.

snort also stopped working at this time, although the debug option
shows no errors but I suspect the problem is related.

Mike Squires