Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:08:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeffrey Meltzer <meltzer@icsnet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        izaac@newtonian.ml.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on an HP Vectra VE

I'm setting up FreeBSD for the first time, and have hit a small snag in
setting up X. When I run the SuperProbe utility, it says there is a SiS
6C205 card, which I have (comes annoyingly with the motherboard on a HP
Vectra VE). But, when i run the configure utility, that's not an option,
only another SiS card is there. Anyone have any idea as to whether that
one is compatable or not?

Also, I just picked the unsupported card option, and when i tried to start
X, it told me it couldn't find the mouse, which in setup I put in as
/dev/mouse, which is linked to /dev/psm1.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated...

Jeffrey Meltzer               ,,,
meltzer@icsnet.com           (0 0)
Intelligent Computer Solutions   516-218-0700
VillageNet Technical Support     516-218-9090
               http://www.icsnet.com/~meltzer