Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:37:18 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.7-STABLE breaks w/cvs sources from today

--==_Exmh_1024369654P

> make buildworld fails with
>
> O -pipe  -I/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/miniperl -I/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin
> /perl/miniperl/../../../../contrib/perl5    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c /usr/src/gnu/u
> sr.bin/perl/miniperl/../../../../contrib/perl5/pp.c
> {standard input}: cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/miniperl.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> cpp0: Assembler messages:
> output pipe has been closed{standard input}:6423:
> Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
> {standard input}:7456: Error: no such instruction: `p'

This is much more likely to be a hardware problem with your particular
machine than anything else (particularly if no-one else is seeing a
compilation issue with this file, which, as it hasn't changed since Dec
13th 1999 according to the CVS repository, seems likely).

Coincidentally, I just spent the w/e struggling with a box that has run
fine for the last 5 years (including 3 months uptime as a firewall,
until Saturday), and then suddenly decided it wouldn't boot, or would
give Sig 11's within the first 90 seconds or so in 'buildworld'.

Ripped out the COAST module, and it's fine now. Second one of these to
go bad in a year or so (different mobo too)...

Regards,

AS

--==_Exmh_1024369654P

--==_Exmh_1024369654P--