Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 09:17:08 +1000
From:      User & <taylorm@spyder.bytecraft.au.com>
To:        george vagner <george@vagner.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: ports-all cvsup (more)

I suspect that somewhere along the upgrade path
I missed an important change in the collection and somehow
skipped the update that applied the fix

I have discovered that if you get this error
AND if certain directories and files exist the make will
break....

I have found that deleting the directories

/usr/ports/(portname)/pkg
/usr/ports/(portname)/patches

and also deleting (if it exists) the file

/usr/ports/(portname)/files/md5

then the port builds OK.

I suspect that these are the 'hangover' remnants from the
original structure that the bsd.port.mk file objects to.
And it seems that otherwise my ports tree is good
because the ports build then runs A-ok!

comment?

cheers
mjt