Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 14:25:25 -0400
From:      Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu, danl@freebsddiary.org, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary: 2002-07-07 - 2002-07-27

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:53:47 -0400 (EDT)
Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com> wrote:

> Also, not that I have any clue where money comes from for these projects
> but computer stores could sell packets of two (2) floppies, kern.flp and
> mfsroot.flp and be labelled "FreeBSD FTP-Install Diskettes for High
> Bandwidth Users" or then again maybe not.  :(

CompUSA used to sell at half price ($50) the FreeBSD Power Pack, which included 10 CDs and Greg Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD". I bought this some time ago, but am currently running a system created by a 4.6 mini-iso with X and other useful programs downloaded from ports and the system tracking -STABLE via cvsup. (Via dialup, not broadband!) I'm thinking of buying the base system CDs or a FreeBSD DVD in the future to help the project and save me some download time... :-)