Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        Subscriber to freebsd-questions <fbsdmail@sign.chg.ru>
Cc:        williamdwoods@etrademail.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIOS password (was: Kinda a freebsd question........)

Also, if you don't have the motherboard manual, the jumper to do this is
nearly always right next the BIOS and labeled "PWBAT" or some such thing.
Also, since you are supposed to jumper it with the power off, I don't see
any harm in trying a couple jumpers if you aren't sure which one to use.
You know you got it if you boot up and it doesn't ask for a password. BTW,
usually it must be jumpered for 3 seconds, and then set back..

> You should read motherboard manual, of course. There is a special jumper
> on motherboard that resets the BIOS. But if you haven't manual you can try
> to detach BIOS battery.( I have used this trick once when I was
> unable to get manual). If your battery is not solder, it is usually
> possible to detach one contact.
> 					Andrew.

-----

 We are now the Knights who say...
	"Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"

----