Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 13:06:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need advice on hardware for a server

Hi,
I'm looking for an advice for a server we are going to get.
It will be a pretty busy mailserver. The price should be under 4K.
I would like to have a hardware RAID, so this is my main question.
The most important for us is problem-free install. This is kind of
an emergency project and a lot of develpoment still has to be done, so we
need something that will work out of the box.

I would also appreciate pointers to some tutorials on how to setup a
system with a hardware RAID. Would it be detected by install? Do I have to
install on a regular disk first and then configure it to use RAID?

TIA!
-m