Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:57:26 -0500
From:      "Paul C. Boyle" <freebsdruns@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   KDE woes.

Some of my KDE is pooched.
I installed from the 4.5 iso.  Most of KDE was not there so I installed what
was missing from /stand/sysinstall using my 4.4 iso disk.  It seemed to work.

Now, my backgrounds disappear.  The icons on the desktop disappear as well.
KDE file manager acts up.  When in icon mode, if I move the cursor over the
icon area the file manager disappears.  I can fix it by going to View, View
Mode, Detailed List View, or Text View, or Tree View.

KghostView stopped working for me as well. The program comes up but pdf pages
are show up blank.

Whats the best way to go here, to get everything in working order?

HERE IS A LIST OF KDE STUFF FROM 	   pkg_info
I notice that I have 3 kdelibs-
Is this part of problem or is this the way it should be?
I have also listed the tail end of the output of    pkg_delete -nvr

kde-2.2.2           The "meta-port" for KDE 2
kdeartwork-2.2.2    Additional themes, sounds, wallpapers and window styles
for
kdebase-2.2.2_2     Base modules for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdegames-2.2        Games for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdegraphics-2.2     Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdelibs-1.1.2_3     Support libraries for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdelibs-2.2.2_3     Libraries for KDE2
kdelibs-2.2_3       Libraries for KDE2
kdemultimedia-2.2.2_2 Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdenetwork-2.2      Network modules for KDE2
kdeutils-2.2        Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kenny-1.7           Translate text both to and from KennySpeak
khordpro-0.1        A KDE2 app for displaying ChordPro format guitar
tableratur
kicq-1.0.0          KDE/Qt based ICQ clone
kio_fish-1.0.1      A KIO module that allows you to use sftp or scp from
within
koffice-1.1,1       Office suite for KDE2
ktexshell-0.4.0     KDE frontend to the popular TeX/LaTeX typesetting system
kwatch-2.0.1        KDE/Qt log file viewer

pkg_delete: package 'kdelibs-2.2.2_3' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
kdemultimedia-2.2.2_2
libkmsn-0.1
kwatch-2.0.1
ktexshell-0.4.0
kio_fish-1.0.1
khordpro-0.1
kdebase-2.2.2_2
pkg_delete: 1 package deletion(s) failed

pkg_delete: package 'kdelibs-2.2_3' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
kdenetwork-2.2
koffice-1.1,1
kdeutils-2.2
kdegraphics-2.2
kdegames-2.2
pkg_delete: 2 package deletion(s) failed

pkg_delete: package 'kdelibs-1.1.2_3' is required by these other packages
and may not be deinstalled:
kicq-1.0.0
pkg_delete: 1 package deletion(s) failed