Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:34:11 -0500
From:      "John Sanders" <moose@ebicom.net>
To:        "Kenny Drobnack" <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD sound card problem

Yep, you need to apply some patches,
ftp://ftp.thebarn.com/outgoing/es1371.patch
these should be applied to /usr/src/sys/pci/es1371.c and the header file (do
an ls, you'll see it
i cant remember its exact name).
Then recompile, and you should be good to go.
(I've got the same sound card, I couldnt get mine to work until after I had
CVSup'd to 4.0, finding the
problem was actually something else, not a -current / -release issue.)

Also, are you compiling with pcm0?

Hope this helps, good luck.
P.S. If you decide to go to -CURRENT, there are some modified patches
someone pointed out to me, just ask and I can give you the URL.

John
http://www.freebsdbox.com