Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:54:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree 4.02 & trident cyber9397dvd

Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com writes:

| has anyone experimented with XF 4.02 on one of these?  i've had terrible luck
| with all the 4.x releases on my think pad 770z (massive hangs requiring a
| paperclip reboot) and am leery to try, but ever since i've upgraded my linuxppc
| box to XF 4 i'm having trouble running remote x sessions for certain apps (kde2
| stuff mostly).

You need an updated Trident driver.  I built one and posted at
	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/trident_drv.o
It also has a fix for the mouse pointer problem that still isn't in CVS
yet.  Save it in /usr/X11R6.4/lib/modules/drivers (you might backup the
old one but it is busted).  A bunch of Linux folks have also had good
success with this (even though it was built on FreeBSD).

Sometimes the Xserver starts up a little messed up and switching to the
text console and back fixes it or restarting X.  I've been using it for
a long time now without trouble now on my 770Z

Doug A.